At « Los Ramos », the 22 companions of the Emmaus Murcia group live together in a community. There is also a second-hand goods shop. A second shop can be found in the city of Murcia itself. The companions carry out the traditional work of an Emmaus community: collecting, sorting, repairing and reselling used goods at low prices. They have access to social care, counselling, training and career support.
Ctra. de San Javier, 30. 30164 Cañadas de San Pedro (Murcia) (View this place with Google Maps)
8-21 July 2019
If you are over 18 and are keen to get involved in solidarity, keep reading! Once again, we are running our international summer volunteering scheme, which will enable those taking part to gain a close understanding of the humanist values of the Emmaus Movement, reuse and the circular economy. The scheme will run from 8-21 July in Murcia.
As we said above, the scheme is a great opportunity to help with a solidarity project that has been running in Murcia for almost 25 years and that belongs to the Emmaus International Movement. Our aim is to help build a fairer and more equal society by committing to personal, social and job growth, developing ways of working that are more compatible with people’s daily lives, and denouncing injustice. We recover, reuse and recycle waste.
During your time with us, you will get involved in the project and will take part in its running, both our recycling work and community life (sharing meals with the companions, cleaning, leisure and free time etc).
- Organic farm and vegetable garden.
- Environmental restoration and recycling work
- Collection of unwanted goods.
- Sorting materials and raw materials.
- Refurbishment of goods and sale in Los Ramos flea market and our charity shop.
- Environmental improvements to the surrounding area.
- Cultural heritage routes.
- Group dynamics, drama, visual arts etc.
- Outings and trips to the beach and mountains.
- Meetings and activities run with other groups.
- Leisure and free time activities at our community house: swimming, table football, boules, a range of workshops, board games, chatting, having a laugh, sharing experiences and enjoying each other’s company.